COACH CHECKLIST FOR SPEED AND AGILITY TRAINING:
- Make sure you know which aspect of speed you want to practice (e.g. Multidirectional, Acceleration or Max speed).
- Only practice when players are recovered and always demand maximum effort.
- Pay attention to the duration of the repetitions, the recovery time and the number of repetitions.
- Remember what kind of speed is required in Floorball, but don’t forget the maximum speed training (increasing the reserve).
- Vary your stimulus, use different competitions and also pay attention to running technique and mobility training.
Speed and movement in a Floorball consist of several different factors, as you can see below: